There is absolutely no one who resides in a city that turns frigid in the winter who isn't familiar with the daily stream of lamentations about the weather. Most of us start our mornings in the dark, only to return home in the evening darkness as well. Utterly freezing when we leave the indoors, yet sweaty and out of breath when we reach our destination. Our pretty shoes and fashionable winter coats are kissed goodbye in favor of the ever-so-chic snow boots and puffy coats (I don't care how fashionable you consider yourself... if it's February and -5 and you have NOT embraced the puffy coat for fear of looking like a marshmallow... you're missing out). We become city warriors in our own right, battling wind, sleet and snow through crowded streets and cram ourselves in stifling subway cars full of sniffling, sneezing passengers (where you always end up next to the guy who misses his tissue by about a mile). It was after one such train journey, feeling completely defeated and willing to quit all life as we know it an move to Tahiti, that a good friend of mine suggested that we go around the dinner table and all say what we LOVE about winter. It was an awesome gear-shifting conversation, resulting in everyone's moods significantly lifting at the prospect of venturing back out into the cold for the journey home. SO- in this same spirit, the Katherine Feiner team would like to share OUR TOP 5 things we LOVE about winter! Here goes...
1) CHRISTMAS LIGHTS! These guys tend to stay up ALL winter here in NYC, and cast the city in a sparkly glow. How can you not be happy after seeing christmas lights in your coffee shop window?
2) It's 100% appropriate to use the word "cozy" at every given opportunity. It's our favorite winter word and even the thought of it makes us feel just.... cozy. ** Also may be interchange with the word "Snuggly".**
3) Bars/ Restaurants with fireplaces! Seeking and discovering hidden NYC gems where you can have a drink or a dozen oysters next to a roaring fire in the heart of the city is, need we say it? Super duper cozy.
4) Fuzzy socks! To anyone who has ever trudged through the snow after work, got home, poured and glass of red wine and put on fuzzy socks... you know why this is on the list.
5) Hot Toddies and Mulled Wine. Need we say more?
We'd love to hear what YOUR favorite things about winter are! Wishing you all a happy and COZY February! XOXO
Working from home definitely has its perks.
Our favorite? The ability to use your space exactly how you want; the ability and make it perfectly reflect you and your ideal environment. We love looking at others' work spaces and observing how their creativity shines through the design.
Need some advice getting started? Start with pops of color, pictures of your various favorite things, sweet sentiments, fond memories, and an open mind. Whether you have a big area or small, you, too, can have a home office of which you can be proud! Here are some of our favorites!
How cute are these?! How would you decorate yours?